Adventists believe a Trinity of three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - make up one God. They made salvation possible when Jesus, the Son, came to earth as a baby in Bethlehem and lived a sinless life in accordance with the Father's will. When Jesus was crucified for the sins of the people of the world and arose from the dead on the third day, victory was won for everyone.
When He returned to heaven following the resurrection, Jesus left the Holy Spirit to serve as our Comforter and Counselor. He promised to return to earth a second time to complete His plan of salvation and take His people to heaven. Adventists are among the believers who look forward to that day.
Adventists believe that God is concerned with the quality of human life, and that everything - the way we live, eat, speak, think, treat each other, and care for the world around us - is part of His plan. Our families, our children, our jobs, our talents, our money, and our time are all important to Him.
Seventh-day Adventists accept the Bible as their only creed and hold certain fundamental beliefs to be the teaching of the Holy Scriptures. These beliefs, as set forth here, constitute the church's understanding and expression of the teaching of Scripture. Revision of these statements may be expected at a General Conference session when the church is led by the Holy Spirit to a fuller understanding of Bible truth or finds better language in which to express the teachings of God's Holy Word.
1. God speaks to us through the Bible?
2. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit co-exist as one eternal God?
3. God is the eternal Father?
4. Jesus Christ died, rose, and lives to save you?
5. The Holy Spirit restores, comforts, guides, protects, and sustains God’s children in the way of salvation?
6. The world was made in just six days?
7. You are awesomely created?
8. There is an ongoing battle between good and evil?
9. Someone has paid the supreme price for your sins?
10. You can be totally free?
11. God is more powerful than Satan?
12. You are invited to be a part of God’s family on Earth?
13. God’s people strive consistently to keep His commandments?
14. God has a place for you in His community?
15. You can start your life over again?
16. There is a celebration that expresses our closeness to Christ and willingness to serve others?
17. God gives us special gifts and talents so we can live fully for Him?
18. God speaks to His people today through the gift of prophecy?
19. God gives us the power to obey Him?
20. God gives us a specific 24-hour period each week to rest, reflect on Him, and spend time with our families?
21. God wants us to take care of all that he has given us?
22. God has given us guidelines for living well?
23. God designed families?
24. Jesus Christ is our advocate and judge?
25. Jesus is coming back to this earth?
26. Death is a temporary state of unconsciousness?
27. God will bring an end to suffering and death?
28. We will live with God in our new home forever?